Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pretty in Pink Ribbons, A Mother's Day Cake

I know many people who don't like to celebrate Valentine's day or Women's day or Children's day but I have yet to meet a person who does not celebrate Mother's day (and I really hope I never will!!!!)


Have you ever asked yourself where did it all start? Now there are many stories and legends explain the origin of mother's day but almost all of them have the same "storyline". One such legend (Egyptian) says that Mother's day started as annual festival to honor the goddess Isis, who was commonly known as the mother of the pharaohs. Another legend says that it was to honor Greek Goddess Rhea who was the Mother of most of the major deities including Zeus.

To make a long story short, Mother's day was a day to celebrate the goddesses! =D

Now despite the fact that no gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you, we all should give it our best.


This year I decided to go for something less material and more personal! Yes, yes you guessed it, I've finally come to my point!!! ... A Mother's Day Cake. I made my mom the cutest and (surprisingly) one the simplest cakes ever! 
I wanted to make a "pretty" cake this time and my gut feeling said: RIBBONS!
and I NEVER disregard what my gut says :P




I saw a tutorial on one of the most amazing cake blogs you can ever find on how to make a fondant ribbon and did it!
I just love the result! I opted for a bright hot pink to contrast with the light colors of the cake itself.

The inside of the cake if a fluffy moist white cake with a swiss meringue buttercream (I flavored it with some fresh yellow lemons)


As for the pink sprinkles you see on the side, those were homemade also =D, from normal table sugar. I just added some sugar with a little pink food gel inside a plastic bag and shook it.



Even the inside was pink!
Finally, I'd like to dedicate this post to my wonderful amazing lovely supporting mom! I love you so so sooo much and I hope you liked (and enjoyed) this cake. I realized that the "pretty-ness" of the cake is directly related to how much I love the person.. so it's no surprise your cakes are always the best! Thank you for everything, I know I can be a pain "sometimes" but I hope you'll forgive me for it and realize just how much I love you!
I hope all you readers have as amazing a mom as I do!



To all mom's out there: Happy Mother's day!














Oh and if you haven't seen my mom's other cake, here it is: A bouquet of Roses
and sorry for the many pictures, I just love this cake!

Pin It now!

2 comments:

  1. Again and Again you keep on surprising me with your sweetness and kindness. Words are not enough to tell you how much I love you ALL.
    Hope to see you a Mom urself. BUT NOT SO SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha mooommm!!!!
    im glad you liked it =D mwaaa!!! we all love you too =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!!! It's what gets me excited to go into the kitchen and bake again! =D