Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lazy Cake

You know how sometimes you reach a place where you know the advanced steps of something but have forgotten all about the basic simple ones?

Yes well, this is very similar to my story with lazy cakes! I know how to make a complicated fondant rose cake but when it comes to a simple biscuit cake, it NEVER comes out the way I want it. I've tried MANNNNYY recipes and none work! Biscuit cakes are one of my favorite cakes (surprise! surprise!) so it is very important that I find an AWESOME recipe.




Well, a couple of weeks ago, I was having lunch with my family at Leila's in Verdun and I was looking at that amazing wall they have. It was full of old pictures, ornaments and books. I love the atmosphere there, very neo-classical! Anyway, I was looking and I found this book called: " أنا و ابي والشوكولا " which is Arabic for "Chocolate, my dad and I".

I quickly looked inside and sure enough it was a recipe book for everything chocolate!!! And sure enough they had a lazy cake recipe!!! =D I was thrilled! I went home and tried the recipe and it turned out.....

wait for it.....

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I want to share it with you:




















Here's the English Translation:

Preparation time: 12 minutes
Freezing Time: 3 hours (I couldn't wait that long though :P I took it out after around 2!)
Amount: One Cake

Ingredients:

  • 4 Biscuit packs (I used Ghandour, aren't those biscuits just amazing?!) - crumbled and crushed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 250 ml of milk (one cup)
  • 1/2 c. white sugar
  • 200 g softened butter
  • 125 g chocolate

What to do:

  1. Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan on medium heat and then add the sugar, egg, milk and vanilla. Mix well!
  2. Remove the mix from the heat and add the crumbled biscuits. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
  3. Place the mix in pan of your choice. (I have an english cake pan that I wrapped in plastic wrap first. I then added the mix and closed the top with more plastic wrap.)
  4. Place the pan in the freezer. (I thought the freezer was too strong for it, so I placed it in the refrigerator for the last 30 minutes.)
Note: You can cover it with a chocolate glaze, if desired!

FINALLY: taste the most delicious lazy cake you'll ever eat!!

Here's how mine turned out.




 I hope you give it try! And don't forget to tell me how it turned out =)

Pin It now!

5 comments:

  1. this looks TOO good!!!!! I WANT!!!!
    a chocolate book!!!! ahh i die
    amazing work artista! i am sure it tastes amazing! if i get chocolate cravings tonight, YES i am blaming you :P mwaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha me too! i want to go take it from them :P thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum!! Too bad i can't have chocolate for another 25 days :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. whyy??? what kind of torture is that????? :(
    AND I only one piece =( it was all gone by the time I tried to get another piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yuuum my favorite of all times!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!!! It's what gets me excited to go into the kitchen and bake again! =D