Saturday, May 5, 2012

Twirls of Happiness

Twirls of Happiness Indeed!

I recently got this amazing cake decorating book that I was VERY impatient to try along with my new tools!

The book is called Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible by Lindy Smith!

This is my first post with all these new awesome decorating tools and I can't wait to try them all!

Anyway, it's a hot Saturday evening here in Beirut and I was very bored (and by very i mean VERY). So I thought I'd give the book a try. I baked some chocolate cupcakes (Recipe Below) in my new colorful cupcake cups and whipped up some swiss meringue buttercream.



Mixing Pink into the Buttercream =D

I also had some leftover white rolled fondant, so I got out my color pastes and tinted the white fondant with some colors.

I opened the book and started trying out the techniques, and here's what I (and my sister Lana) came up with:


Yellow Flower


Circles of Joy 




Lollipops and Cupcakes








Buttercream Roses





 Don't they look all cute and pinky?!






The mess after:





Pin It now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!!! It's what gets me excited to go into the kitchen and bake again! =D